Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Quick overview..well not so quick. :)

Hey everyone, sorry I've been a bad updater...haha. Well my summer has been quite full of things to do and NO time to spare. So here we go..
I've decided that not only does God want me to be here at this camp, but is using me in sooo many ways. The Lord is literally taking my life apart piece by piece and fixing me to look more like Him.
          First session I came into this camp thinking I was the big dog. Blessed to be there but my head in the clouds. I'm sure God looked at me and said..You know Emmaline, I'm gonna teach you some humility. So He put me as an assistant for the one girl I thought I was better than. I learned real fast that I loved this girl and loved just helping out instead of being the "boss". Soon I realized how thankful I was not having to deal with all the stress Sarah did. 
           Second session I was promoted to the top. I had learned humility and God had blessed me big time. I loved getting to be over it all by myself and gained the respect of my kids, yet I had made such a close relationship with each one. I loved them all so much! One girl that was in my equestrian program is even bringing her family back to meet me and take me to dinner this weekend! :) I fixed her position so much when she got home to take lessons again, her instructor noticed. But all wasn't just perfect that session...trust me. Here God comes in again. He put me with the hardest cabin of girls AT CAMP. Patience. I learned patience like no other. These girls were probably the hardest test I could take at the time. First session I was put with the most wonderful girls that counselors THIS session still talk about how great they were. So it was tough to love these girls after my first go 'round. I even pushed the possibility of me ever loving them at first. But it came and I really got to loving each girl and they're imperfect and wild selves. 
            Third session. This session I've really come to realize how much God is putting into me. What else could I run into? I've had the low job, bad campers..what more? Well..There is plenty! Sarah is now back over me and I'm thinkin' she must have pressure on her now. Not sure why? Well, she snaps on me daily  and to be honest, I wasn't quite sure how to take it at first. She had come from this sweet and good friend to an enemy for no reason. She wouldn't even let the kids ride my horse, who I'm being paid for to be used by campers. Then it came to me..Forgive and forget. And of course, love always. So I have taken what she dishes out everyday but I just forgive her and love her with my whole heart. It's so neat how everything you do is like a domino effect. You don't realize how kids (and other adults) soak up everything you do and say. Though Sarah doesn't let me help, still won't use my horse, and has the occasional snap, her general attitude had softened. 

God is truly amazing is every last thing He does. He works in each and everyone of your lives and you may not even know it.  So here is a verse that has just popped out for me.. 
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3:5-6 

Hope all your summers are going great!  
-Emmaline 

No comments:

Post a Comment